友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
哔哔读书 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

牛津实用英语语法-第85章

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



e away now, It’s time to go home.
快走吧。该回家了。
e away/off(intr)自行脱落:
When I pickd up the teapot the handle came away in my hand.
我拿起茶壶时,茶壶掉了而只剩茶壶柄在我手里。
e in(intr),e into( tr)进入:
Someone knocked at my door and I said,‘e in.’
有人敲我的门,我说:“进来。”
e into the garden and I’ll show you my roses.
到花园里来,我给你看我的玫瑰花。
e off(intr)
(a)(计划或阴谋)成功(用于否定句):
I’m afraid that scheme of yours won’t e off.It needs more capitalthan you have available.
恐怕你那个计划不会成功。它需要的投资不是你能拿得出来的。
(b) 发生,按预先安排的那样发生:
—When is the wedding ing off?
—Next June.
—婚礼什么时候举行?
—6月份。
如果我们说The duchess was to have opened the bazaar(公爵夫人本来是要为义卖主持开幕仪式的),我们的意思是说计划是那样订的,但没有实现(她本安排好要去为它揭幕,但后来不得不取消这一安排)。
(c)(话剧、展览等)结束一轮演出或展出:
‘Lady windermere’s Fan’is ing off next week.You’d better hurryif you want to see it.
《少奶奶的扇子》下周要结束演出了。你要想看的话得抓紧点。
e out(intr)
(a)被揭露或发觉(这里的主语常是the truth真相/the facts事实/the whol story 全部内情等;并且一般指有关人士想竭力掩盖的事实即丑闻等):
They deceived everybody till they quarrelled among themselves;then onepublicly denounced the others and the whole truth came out.
他们把大家都骗了,直到后来内讧起来,其中一个人公开揭发了别人,这才真相大白。
(b)(书籍)发行:
Her new novel will be ing out in time for the Christmas sales.
她的新小说将赶在圣诞节购物潮时发行。
(c)(污渍)消除,洗掉:
Tomato stains don’t usually e out.
西红柿污渍一般洗不净。
e round(intr)
(a)终于接受以前所反对的建议:
Her father at first refused to let her study abroad but he came round(to it)in the end.
她父亲起初反对她去外国念书,但终于回心转意了。(他说可以让她去。)
(b)到某人的家里来:
I’ll e round after dinner and tell you the plan.
我晚饭后来转一下,把计划说给你听。
e round/to(intr;to重读) 恢复知觉:
When we found him he was unconscious but he came round/to in half anhour and explained that he had been attacked and robbed.
我们发现他时他已失去知觉,但是半小时后他恢复了知觉,说他遭到殴打抢劫。
e up(intr)
(a) 升到水面,生长出来:
A diver with an aqualung doesn’t have to keep ing up for air;he canstay underwater for quite a long time.
备有潜水供氧器的潜水员无需不断升出水面呼吸;他可以在水下停留相当长的时间。
Weeds are ing up everywhere.
杂草到处蔓生。
(b)被提到:
The question of the caretaker’s wages came up at the last meeting.
在上次会议中提到了看楼人的工资问题。
e up(intr),e up to(tr)走近,来到能说话的近处:
A policeman was standing a few yards away.He came up to me and said,‘You can’t park here.’
几码外站着一位警察。他走过来并对我说:“你不能把车子停放在这里。”
crop
crop up(intr)出现,意外地或偶然地出现(主语常是一个抽象名词如difficulties困难/the subject题目或是一个代词):
At first all sorts of difficulties cropped up and delayed us.Later we learnthow to anticipate these.
起初冒出来了各式各样的困难,耽搁了我们。后来我们学会了如何为这些困难预作准备。
cut
cut down a tree 砍倒树木:
If you cut down all the trees you will ruin the land.(cut the trees down/ cut them down)
你要是砍倒所有的树木,就会把土地给毁了。
cut down(tr) 减少数量:
We must cut down expenses or we’ll be getting into debt.
我们得减少支出,否则就要负债了。
‘This article is too long,’said the editor.‘Could you cut it down to2,000 words?’
“这篇文章太长了,”编辑说,“你能不能把它缩到两千字?”
cut in(intr)在车距极近的不安全情况下并行抢道并插到另一辆车前面:
Accidents are often caused by drivers cutting in.
车祸常由司机抢道插到别的车前面而引起。
cut off(tr)切断、停止供应(宾语可以是水、电、煤气,也可以是被停供的人):
The pany has cut off our electricity supply because we haven’t paidour bill.(cut our supply off/cut it off)
因为我们没有付电费,公司断了我们的电。
They’ve cut off the water/our water supply temporarily because they arerepairing one of the main pipes.
他们暂时断了我们的水源,因为在修其中的一条主要的水管。
We were cut off in the middle of our(telephone)conversation.
我们(电)话还没完,就被掐断了。(这可能是偶然的事,也可能是电话接线员故意的行为。)
cut someone off 阻挡某人使其不能逃到安全地带(常用于指潮水围困,特别是用被动态时):
We were cut off by the tide and had to be rescued by boat.
我们被潮水困住了,只好由小船搭救出来。
be cut off(intr)被隔绝在不方便的地方(主语常是某一地方或住在某一地方的人):
You will be pletely cut off if you go to live in that village becausethere is a bus only once a week.
你要是去住在那个村里,就会与世隔绝了,因为那里每周只有一班公共汽车。
cut out(tr)
(a)从布、纸等上弄下所需形状:
When I am making a dress I mark the cloth with chalk and then cut itout.(cut out the dress/cut the dress out)
我缝衣服时先用白粉在布上画出样子,然后再剪下。
Young people often cut out photographs of their favourite pop stars andstick them to the walls.
年轻人常把最喜欢的流行歌手的相片剪下来贴在墙上。
(b)略去,排除,不再继续:
If you want to get thin you must cut out sugar.(cut it out)
你要是想瘦点,就得不吃糖。
be cut out for(tr)特别适合于……(用于指人,又常用于否定句中):
His father got him a job in a bank but it soon became clear that he wasnot cut out for that kind of work.
他爸爸给他在银行里找了一个工作,但是不久就可以清楚地看出来,他不适合干那种工作。
cut up(tr) 切、割、剪成碎片:
They cut down the tree and cut it up for firewood.(cut the tree up/cut up the tree)
他们把树砍倒并劈碎当柴火了。
die
die away(intr)(声音)逐渐微弱直到听不到:
They waited till the sound of the guard’s footsteps died away.
他们一直等到警卫的脚步声消逝了。
die down(intr)逐渐平静下来,直至平息(常指骚乱、火、心情的一阵波动等):
When the excitement had died down the shopkeepers took down theirshutters and reopened their shops.
波动平息后,店主们取下了窗板,重新开店营业。
die out(intr)绝灭,成为过去(常指风俗、种族、动物品种等):
Elephants would die out if men could shoot as many as they wished.
如果人们爱猎杀多少大象就可以猎杀多少,大象就会灭种了。
do
do away with(tr)废除:
The government should do away with the regulations restricting drinkinghours.
政府应该废除限制卖酒的时间的规章。
do up(tr)重新装饰:
When I do this room up I’ll paint the walls cream.(do up this room/doit up)
我重新装修房间时,要把墙漆成奶油色。
do without(tr)不要……而凑合过,免去……也可以:
We had to do without petrol during the fuel crisis.
在燃料危机期间,我们不得不过没有汽油的日子。
有时宾语可以意会,不说出来:
If there isn’t any milk we’ll have to do without(it).
如果没有牛奶,我们只好将就了。
draw
draw back(intr)撤退,(因惊惧而)向后闪:
It’s too late to draw back now;the plans are all made.
现在再后退也太晚了;计划都订好了。
draw up(tr)草拟,写出(计划或协议书):
My solicitor drew up the lease and we both signed it.(drew it up)
我的律师拟好了租约,我们两个人都签了名。
draw up(intr)停下(指车辆等):
The car drew up at the kerb and the driver got out.
车在马路边停下,开车人下了车。
drop
drop in(intr)未经通知而造访并停留较短的时间:
He dropped in for a few minutes to ask if he could borrow your powerdrill.
他不告而来,坐了几分钟,问是否能借用你的电钻。(比call in更口语化些。)
drop out(intr)退出(某计划或行动):
We planned to hire a coach for the excursion but now so many peoplehave dropped out that it will not be needed.
我们原计划租一辆大客车去郊游,但是现在已有这么多人退出,车就不需要了。
enter
enter for(tr)报名参加(竞赛、考试等):
Twelve thousand petitors have entered for the next LondonMarathon.
已有12,000人报名参加下一次伦敦马拉松比赛。
fade
fade away(intr) 消失,逐渐减弱(常指声音):
The band moved on and the music faded away.
乐队继续行进,乐声逐渐听不见了。
fall
fall back(intr)后退,撤退(指有意识的行动,与fall behind不同,后者是不由自主的):
As the enemy advanced we fell back.
敌人向前推进,我们就后退了。
fall back on(tr) 退而求其次地使用某物:
We had to fall back on dried milk as fresh milk wasn’t available.
因为找不到鲜奶,我们不得已使用了奶粉。
He fell back on the old argument that if you educate women they won’tbe 
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!